- Editor: Do you have snark today?
- Reporter: I have a reserve of snark rivaling the Canadian oil sands.
- Editor: Good. I will be your Keystone Pipeline.
— Henry Allen, in the Style section of Dec. 20, 1995.
In which Gene Weingarten authors the shortest appreciation ever to run in the Style section of The Washington Post
Christopher Hitchens ceases to be;
A remarkable life he led.
He isn’t in heaven; he isn’t in hell —
He is simply, emphatically, dead.
- Monica: It tastes like alcoholic cake. I'm afraid of it.
- Dan: The best desserts are the scary ones.
- Monica: When we turn 40 we are going to have to find a way to turn this dessert-abetting into hand-slapping, or else we will be the fattest Style writers in history.
fieldofadventure asked: I love you Washington Post Style. Growing up you were the one section that made me want to read the newspaper. Thanks.
We love you too. And we’re glad you still read us, via Tumblr. There are other ways to love us, though. Here we are in PDFs. And online. And in print. And on Twitter. And on Facebook. And in the archives.
P.S. For those who don’t know what Style is, start here.
P.P.S. For those who don’t know us, start here.